About 10% of the members’ OPSEU dues are rebated to the Local. With an annual budget of approximately $22,000 per year, Local 270 provides services such as the following:
- Holds Executive, Stewards, and Membership meetings.
- Represents Grievers at the 1st and 2nd stages.
- Produces this website.
- Participates in joint union-management committees to resolve workplace issues (e.g. local Employer-Employee Relations Committee, Health and Safety Committee).
- Attends OPSEU conferences, such as the Annual Convention, Regional, Divisional, and the Editors’ Weekend.
- Supports members during strikes.
- Supports the broader labour community (e.g. The Local is a member of the Niagara Regional Labour Council).